How to capture DSLR-like photos using iPhone 7
Here are some of those photography tips Apple has shared to click DSLR like photos with the iPhone 7
An iPhone 7 on display. File pic
Out of many interesting and unique iPhone features that tempt people to purchase iPhones, camera is the most crucial one. From iPhone 4 to iPhone 7 and 7 Plus, Apple has done amazing upgrades in the phones’ cameras. Also, iPhone 7 and 7 Plus are touted as the best image snapping camera phone till now.
Interestingly, the US based smartphone giant has launched a tutorial by which it is trying to improve the photography skills of iPhone users. From still images to videos, the tutorial expects iPhone users to take better and rather DSLR type photos and videos. Here are some of those photography tips that Apple shared across:
1. Look for perfect light: To shoot with the perfect light, Apple suggests iPhone users to tap and hold anywhere on the phone’s screen to lock AE/AF. He then gently needs to slide up and down to play with the exposure depending upon the situation. Light variations dramatically affect the colour and feel of a photo.
2. Look for tension: tension occurs when something is unresolved. Tension can be created in photos by making a scene or object still, something which is not actually still. Creating tension gives captivating views of breaking waves.
3. Learn the portrait mode: iPhone 7 Plus has a portrait mode that is similar to the shallow depth of field one gets while shooting with a DSLR. The Portrait mode is not only used for clicking portraits. It can also be used for clicking pets, objects in nature or to highlight depth of field.
4. Better digital zoom: iPhone allows users to use optical zoom with a dual 12MP camera. It will give excellent shot even if the object is situated far away from the photographer.
5. Click in landscape mode: A photo always looks great when captured in landscape mode. Also, to get the best video, it is highly recommended to capture the scene in landscape mode.
6. Focus the photo: iPhone 7 allows users to lock the auto focus or auto exposure at the point they want to focus. This leads to a better and clearer image.
7. The art of Time-lapse Video: iPhone 7 users are the lucky lot who can take much smoother time-lapse videos than others. The device enables users to shoot time-lapse videos and get a proximate view of the object in action.
8. Capture Photo while shooting video: iPhone 7 users are allowed to capture photo of a particular action while recording a video. They can tap the white icon next to the red record button to capture an image from an ongoing video shoot.
According to Flickr, iPhone models occupy top 10 positions in the list of best camera phones, including Apple iPhone 6, 5s, 6s, and the rest.
Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.comSubscribe
International Sushi Day: Learn how to make mouthwatering Sushi at home from this Mumbai chef!