Two held for cow slaughter in Uttar Pradesh
A total of eight bovines were rescued and a vehicle along with tools used for the alleged slaughter were recovered, the police said
Uttar Pradesh: Two people were held and cases against six have been registered in connection with different cases of the alleged illegal slaughter of bovines in Moradabad district of Uttar Pradesh. A total of eight bovines were rescued and a vehicle along with tools used for the alleged slaughter were recovered, the police said. "Police were carrying out a drive to prevent the illegal slaughter of bovines in the wake of Eid. We have booked five to six people and many bovines have been recovered in the last two days," Deputy Superintendent of Police Vishal Yadav said.
According to the police, some people were allegedly slaughtering bovines in the jungle of Ganjheda Alam village in the district. When villagers got the information about the crime, they encircled the area and nabbed two people from the spot. Remains of bovines were found on the spot. The two men were later detained by the police. One vehicle and equipment used for allegedly slaughtering the bovines were recovered.
In a shocking incident, a man has been arrested in Uttar Pradesh for allegedly raping cows at a cow shelter. The accused, identified as Raj Kumar, was caught red-handed on Tuesday by volunteers of the shelter that is run by Kartaliya Baba Ashram. The volunteers had been keeping a vigil on the shelter after they came across CCTV footage that showed the man raping several cows. The accused was caught when he returned to the shelter and attempted to rape cows again. Raj Kumar was reportedly beaten up by those who caught him before handing him over to the police.
Top stories of the day
- Mumbai Crime: Air hostess raped by airline staffer in Andheri flat
- Fraudsters use 'X-ray vision' to rob Kalyan woman of jewellery worth Rs 1.5 lakh
- Vasai man arrested for stalking woman online
- Mumbai Crime: Tik Tok star turns out to be habitual thief
- Mumbai: Babu slammed for railway la la land picture
- Scare after 'gelatin sticks' tied in wire, handwritten note found on Shalimar Express
- Mumbai: Railways finally begin to pull down abandoned Vikhroli sub-station
- Mumbai: Banganga revamp has turned our area into a dump, say locals
- Dhule woman's death: Women and Child Welfare Dept seeks expert opinion
- MSCW: Reserve two seats in locals for pregnant women, lactating mothers
- NEET 2019 results: Four from state in top 50, no Mumbai topper in list
- Beed cop sex change saga: Lalit Salve celebrates '1st birthday'
- Government signs MoU for transfer of Aarey land to BMC for zoo
- 'Landlord, MHADA, IIT-B working to get Esplanade demolished'
- Teenaged Navy sailor hangs himself at INS Shivaji in Lonavala
- Tailor held for masturbating in front of four-year-old
- 28-year-old engineer in quest for love on dating app loses Rs 92,000
- Rajnath Singh shares snacks with Indian army jawans at Siachen
- The reason why your Bollywood celebrities look so amazingly good
- Raj Kumar Hirani weaves love story for Shah Rukh Khan?
- Janhvi Kapoor and Khushi Kapoor clicked at brother Arjun Kapoor's residence
- Bharat Box Office: Salman Khan's film has a fantastic opening
- See Photos: Shah Rukh Khan had a special guest during Eid 2019 celebrations
- Bandra Diaries: This is how Malaika Arora is beating the heat this summer
- Rajinikanth snapped with wife Latha and daughter Soundarya in Bandra
- This is how Arjun Rampal and Gabriella Demetriades chill when at home
- Disha Patani looks chic in distressed jeans and white corset top
- Salman Khan, Katrina Kaif, Tiger-Disha, Sunny Leone, Ira Khan, Giorgia, Iulia at screening of Bharat
- Taapsee Pannu: Actors wanted my portion abridged in Saand Ki Aankh
- Sayani Gupta: Would stand out with my skin tone in Article 15
- 25 photos of Katrina Kaif that redefine sexiness
- World Cup 2019: India's fanatic supporter Sudhir Gautam's conch shell confiscated
- World Cup 2019 Diary: Sleepy Southampton wakes up to Ind vs SA frenzy
- World Cup 2019: Yuzvendra Chahal... verve and vigour
- World Cup 2019: Rohit Sharma takes down first target after Yuzvendra Chahal setup
- BCCI's ACU to probe Mumbai player's bookie claim: CoA
Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.comSubscribe
Maharashtra Elections 2019: Pankaja Munde and Dhananjay Munde battle it out for Parli