Two more arrested for thrashing woman publicly in Greater Noida
The accused Sohail and Shera were arrested early in the morning near a private college under Knowledge Park police station limits, the police said
Noida: Police on Tuesday arrested two more men involved in the public thrashing of a makeup artist in Greater Noida. The alleged incident occurred over a salary dispute were arrested on Tuesday, police said.
The accused Sohail and Shera were arrested early in the morning near a private college under Knowledge Park police station limits, the police said.
Superintendent of Police, Greater Noida, Vineet Jaiswal said, "The accused are being sent to jail, while the key accused in the case, Wasim, was arrested on Monday and is behind the bars."
According to police, the owner of the salon is Wasim while Sohail is his brother and Shera works for Wasim
The 24-year-old woman said she had joined the salon in March at a salary of Rs 17,000 per month. Earlier this month her salary got delayed and she asked Wasim for remuneration but he kept dilly-dallying, according to her complaint.
"After some days, he started seeking sexual favours. He and his friends pressured me into heeding to their demands for sexual favours and Shera tried to rape me in the salon but somehow I escaped," she alleged.
Recently, they called her for the payment at the salon but an argument broke out between them which resulted in the three beating the woman up, SHO of Knowledge Park Police Station Arvind Pathak said.
He said Wasim has claimed that the woman did not show up for work for most of the time and worked only 13-14 days but was demanding a full-month salary, which was the cause of dispute.
A video of the incident also surfaced on social media purportedly showing the men beating the woman with sticks, kicking her and dragging her on the roadside after pulling her from her hair.
Some social media users condemned the "apathy" of the onlookers for not coming to the rescue of the woman but making a video of the assault.
SHO Pathak said the accused have been booked under Indian Penal Code sections 323 (punishment for voluntarily causing hurt) and 354 (assault to woman with intent to outrage her modesty).
(With inputs from PTI)
Top News Stories Of The Day
- Mumbai Crime: Man rapes critical patient's HIV+ sister on Sion Hospital roof
- Rising carrom star Janhavi More run over by speeding truck in Dombivli
- BMC to put Marine Drive under the radar
- Mumbai: Cops fight accuseds' lies with biometric system
- New BMC chief Pravin Pardeshi tackles rain, road and revenue on Day 1
- Sit on a machaan and spot animals all night at Sanjay Gandhi National Park
- PM's proposer spells out her dreams for Varanasi
- Mumbai: Turf Club calls for meeting on consent terms for Gallops
- Elections 2019: Milind Deora's Jain comment 'violative', says EC
- Mumbai: Government officer jumps from 30th floor of World Trade Centre
- Mumbai Crime: Cops crack down on online escort services, arrest two
- It's final, Jaslok Trust will continue to run hospital, says CEO
- A walk through Mohammed Ali Road's Khau Galli
- Expensive things Mukesh Ambani spends on
Nita Ambani Takes IPL Trophy To Siddhivinayak Temple