Ayushmann Khurana was spotted in a rainbow half jacket; Badshah flaunted a jazzed-up version and Ranveer Singh gave it a sequinned spin. Why should you be left behind?
- The safest way to go colourful is by wearing a rainbow half jacket — which is apt given that the city doesn't experience a real winter.
- Go for bold patterns instead of small stripes bunched together or it will look cramped.
- Pair this with a solid, quarter-sleeved or full-sleeved T-shirt. Avoid wearing this with formals. A hoodie will add to the look.
Arms and the man
- Wear a multi-coloured full-sleeved T-shirt and add a solid jacket to the mix. Or sport a jacket with a multi-coloured pattern only on the arms.
- Go wild with prints with this, but avoid overtly large ones because you want it to look busy, as it's concentrated over a smaller surface.
- Go neutral for the rest of your outfit. Avoid loud sneakers.
Glam it up
- With a sequinned T-shirt. Avoid fancy cuts, half-sleeved or sleeveless ones.
- It's better if there's a pattern to the chaos of colours. Get your hands on one with a symmetric design.
- Choose dark shades to complement the jacket. Avoid whites or shades that pop. A messy look with ripped denims will look awkward; so wear tapering pants or tights.
Inputs by stylist Ishita Ghose
Catch up on all the latest Mumbai news, crime news, current affairs, and also a complete guide on Mumbai from food to things to do and events across the city here. Also download the new mid-day Android and iOS apps to get latest updates
Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.comSubscribe
Diwali 2019: Shriya Pilgaonkar celebrates the festival with mid-day