Wall collapse in Surat leaves one dead, one injured
The rescue workers arrived at the spot to assess the damage and to remove the debris from the spot
Surat: One person lost his life while another was injured on Monday after the wall of a house collapsed in Vesu area of Surat. The injured was taken to a nearby hospital for treatment.
Gujarat: One dead and one injured after wall of a house collapsed in Vesu area of Surat, today. pic.twitter.com/A7WZ0eTnv5— ANI (@ANI) May 27, 2019
The rescue workers arrived at the spot to assess the damage and to remove the debris from the spot. This is the second tragic incident in a week from Surat, the earlier incident occurred when a blaze ripped through the coaching centre located in Takshashila Arcade in Surat's Sarthana area on Friday, killing as many as 20 people, mostly students, and injuring many others.
Several students were seen jumping off the building to escape the inferno on May 24. Some people were unable to escape and died on the spot. As the rescue operations were carried out, charred bodies were found. The fire was reportedly triggered by a short circuit.
Similarly, a 60-year-old labourer lost his life after he was trapped under the debris of a well which collapsed near Ganesh Nagar Kolar Vadi in Ambegaon. The police have identified the deceased as Kishan Dhami Gawade (60), a resident of Kolarbadi in Ambegoan, Pune. The local residents along with the police and National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) rushed to the spot to rescue the man. "We were alerted about the incident and immediately rushed to the spot at around 9 pm. The debris was too huge to be dug out manually. Initially, we used a JCB, but to avoid any injuries to the victim, the jawans thus started digging and around 5 am, we found his body. He was rushed to hospital but was declared dead." he added.
Top News stories of the day
- Mumbai: Derailment at Kurla disrupts Central Railway train services
- Mumbai crime: Popular salon stylist groped me, says actress
- Mumbai: Behind PG medico's suicide, constant barbs in WhatsApp groups
- Blood banks that don't update stock status will lose licence
- Mumbai: 50-year-old critically injured in Jogeshwari gas explosion dies
- Narendra Modi visits mother Heeraben in Gandhinagar, seeks blessings
- Mumbai crime: FIR registered in Anurag Kashyap's tweet plaint
- Mumbai: Vikhroli Metro station to tower over EEH, JVLR
- Narendra Dabholkar murder: 'Defence lawyer's clerk arrested from Thane'
- Super volatile all this while
- Mumbai: Civic body to find out if parking under open spaces is possible
- Mumbai crime: Two fake cops trying to loot senior citizen arrested
- Mumbai: Western Railway's third AC local will roll out in December
- Daawat to dine
- A Himalayan feast
Edited by mid-day online desk with inputs from Agencies
Watch video: 2 dead, 20 Injured after wall collapsed during Dussehra festival