Wardrobe essentials and handy tips to get through the monsoon in style
Try plasticine-style pants (with a high gloss plastic finish) that are waterproof, glam and stocked at every other high street label...
- Try plasticine-style pants (with a high gloss plastic finish) that are waterproof, glam and stocked at every other high street label.
- With the weather so glum, opt for hot summer colours such as tangerine, fuchsia pink and lime green to lift up your mood.
- Add print to your outfit of the day with a statement umbrella.
- Stock up on waterproof make-up basics, especially mascara, eyeliner, dry shampoo and make-up fixers, so you don’t look like a ghost by the time you reach your workplace.
- Avoid whites and fabrics that stick to your body and make you look worse when you get drenched.
- Stay away from typical galoshes; instead, scout for statement-making boots that protect your feet and stand out too.
- Men should invest in sturdy waterproof shoes that complement any outfit.
- Another must-have in a man’s wardrobe is a good all-weather jacket to help layer in style.
Mohit Rai, stylist
Watch video: Leopard attacks stray dog for breakfast in Mumbai
Download the new mid-day android app to get updates on all the latest and trending stories on the go https://goo.gl/8Xlcvr