Watch video: Captured Pakistani terrorist says, 'It's fun doing this'

Aug 05, 2015, 17:47 IST | PTI

The lone terrorist captured after the attack on BSF convoy in Udhampur Naved, in his early 20s, changed his name several times during interrogation. He calmly told reporters, 'It's fun doing this'

New Delhi: Yet another terror attack suspected to be originating from Pakistan left two BSF constables dead on the crucial Jammu-Srinagar highway today, but one of the two Lashker-e-Taiba (LeT) terrorists involved was captured alive like Ajmal Kasab in the 2008 Mumbai terror strike. 

The lone terrorist captured after the attack on BSF convoy in Udhampur has identified himself as Mohammed Naved from Faisalabad in Pakistan, who had a month ago entered Kupwara district in the Kashmir valley but retreated as he could not make any headway.

Also Read: Udhampur attack: Terrorist captured alive, hostages freed 

A resident of Ghulam Mustafabad (Faisalabad) in Pakistan, Naved, believed to be in early 20s, has two brothers and one sister. One of them is a lecturer while the other runs a hosiery business.

During questioning at a joint interrogation centre in Jammu region, he said he had initially made an attempt to enter the Kashmir Valley a month ago but had to return as their guide had not turned up to receive them, official sources said.

Naved identified the fellow terrorist killed today in the retaliatory fire by BSF as Noman alias Momin, who hailed from Bhawalpur in Pakistan.

The duo carried out an attack on a BSF convoy at Simroli near Udhampur killing two constables. In the gun fight, Noman was killed while he managed to escape before being nabbed by the Village Defence Committee members, they said.

Armed with AK assualt rifles, Mohammed Naved Yakub, son of Mohammed Yakub and resident of Ghulam Mustafabad area in Faislabad town of Pakistan, along with another terrorist Noman alias Momin, fired at a BSF convoy on the highway at Simroli around 8 AM. BSF jawans retaliated killing Noman while Naved managed to escape towards a village in the nearby hills where he took three villagers hostage.

During sustained interrogation, Naved, in his early 20s, changed his name several times. First he said he was Kasim
Khan but then changed it to Usman before stating that he was actually Mohammed Naved, whose family includes two brothers and a sister.

The villagers managed to capture him and call the police who took him into custody, giving the Indian security establishment a prize catch which points to Pakistani involvement in the attack. Today's attack came a week after the terror strike in Gurdaspur by three Pakistanis in which they and seven Indians were killed.

Naved disclosed that he along with four other terrorists had entered Kupwara district in the Kashmir Valley two months ago on a similar terror mission but had crossed back into Pakistani-occupied-Kashmir because they could not make headway.

Later, he along with three others had entered through Baramulla area by cutting the fencing. During interrogation, he said that he had stayed at Tangmarg and Baba Reshi and shifted their base to Awantipura-Pulwama where he remained inside a cave located on a hill side.

The group split into two and he along with Noman moved to Kulgam in South Kashmir from where they boarded a truck to Jammu yesterday. They got down at Udhampur after staying at Patnitop for night.

During today's action he fired two magazines at the BSF convoy before fleeing and taking three villagers hostage, who overpowered him and captured him, according to a report submitted to Home Ministry.

has undergone two types of training with Lashker-e-Taiba terror group, it said.

The captured terrorist presented a strange picture before television cameras smiling a few times and answering questions calmly telling reporters, "it's fun doing this". Had he been killed it would have been "the Allah's doing", he said. 

Go to top