Website of Lokpal inaugurated in New Delhi
The Website can be accessed at http://lokpal.gov.in
The Website of the Lokpal was inaugurated by the Chairperson, Justice Shri Pinaki Chandra Ghose in presence of all the Members of Lokpal on Thursday. The DG, NIC, Neeta Verma was also present on the occasion. The Website has been developed by NIC and provides basic information with respect to the working and functioning of the Lokpal. The Website can be accessed at http://lokpal.gov.in.
The Lokpal is the first institution of its kind in independent India, established under the Lokpal and Lokayuktas Act, 2013 to inquire and investigate into allegations of the corruption against public functionaries who fall within the scope and ambit of the above Act.
The Government appointed Justice Shri Pinaki Chandra Ghose, as the first Chairperson of the Lokpal who was administered the oath on March 23, 2019, by the President of India. The Government has also appointed four Judicial and four non-Judicial Members. The office of Lokpal is temporary functioning from the Hotel Ashok, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi.
The process of notifying the rules and regulations including the format for receiving complaints is being developed. All complaints which were received till April 16, 2019, have been examined by the Office of Lokpal and disposed of accordingly. The Complaints received thereafter are under examination.
Top News Stories Of The Day
- Mumbai: Global Hospital may lose licence for turning away poor patients
- Mumbai: Goons assault cine firm President for being refused Rs 50 lakh
- Dombivli: Man assaults TCs at Kopar railway station
- Mumbai: Wadala police to finally move out of crumbling station
- Mumbai: BMC chief grants Rs 100-crore relief to loss-making BEST
- Pune school teacher held for abusing girls under pretext of 'punishment'
- Worls Hypertension Day: Hypertension cases in Maharashtra rise by 25 percent in 2018
- Mumbai: Killer gets furlough, Keenan Santos-Reuben Fernandes' kin live in fear
- Man lends mobile to woman, molests her when she returns it in Pune
- CSMT bridge collapse: BMC's detailed bridge report a damp squib
- Cambridge 2019 results: 17 percent rise in entries
- 'Historic' HC order allows stranded sailors to leave Tag Navya ship
- Learn nature photography with BNHS CEC in Goregaon
RJ Salil and Archana Get Brownie Points!