Woman purchases bikini, ends up looking like a 'smurf' after it leaves stains on her
The woman hand washed her bikini as soon as she got home and was left surprised when the water turned entirely blue
A 22-year-old woman was left literally 'stained blue like a smurf' when she took one of her relaxing spa breaks and this is all thanks to her 60 pounds bikini.
The woman, identified as Alisa, purchased a blue and gold sequined set from a shopping portal but was left shocked when the dye from the print went on to leave stains on her skin.
The woman hand washed her bikini as soon as she got home and was left surprised when the water turned entirely blue.
The 22-year-old woman, after contacting the company, went on to find out from them a very tiny but important detail - you can't actually swim in it!
The description given online clearly stated that it's only for 'poolside posing'.
As reported by Mirror Online, Alisha said, "I was in a spa when I wore it so I was stained blue like a smurf, I was just in shock really it was funny looking back. And then I hand washed as they suggested and it was just pouring out, it smelt awful so I was concerned then. It’s only for “poolside posing” and they’ll still charge you 60 pounds a set, absolutely laughable."
The 22-year-old woman also shared the photos of her bikini online to warn other buyers before they decide to make an online purchase.
Alisa continued, "I thought to post it on twitter because it is pretty funny. It's also mad how Instagram influences have led to these sort of products being produced in mainstream fashion. It's opened my eyes to fast fashion and I wouldn’t buy from them again."
The company from where she purchased the bikini also went on to apologise and refund her the amount.
Top News Stories Of The Day
- TV actor claims cops brutally thrashed him and minor brother all night
- Man creates fake 'sex chat' profiles after losing housing society poll
- Angry after his wedding is called off, man stabs aunt in Andheri, held
- Mumbai Crime: Private firm's housekeeper films co-worker changing, held
- Water supply: Down to 13 percent, Mumbai is running on reserve
- Mumbai Crime: Senior citizen thrashed for feeding strays in Andheri
- Tanushree Dutta's lawyer: Cops speaking to those who know nothing
- Forest department asked to probe snake rescuer's death in Sewri
- Denied permission to protest, those against reservation cry foul
- Dhule woman's death: State orders probe
- Borewells at Cross Maidan become latest Mumbai Metro victims
- Nishtha Dudeja: The Haryana girl who won Miss Deaf Asia 2018 crown
- Aarohi Pandit: Mumbai girl is world's first to cross Atlantic Ocean
- These photos of politicians working out will give you fitness goals!
- The king is dead, long live the mantri
- mid day editorial: A warning for those who fight for justice
- Internet legend Grumpy Cat passes away
- Grumpy Cat passes away: Twitter mourns death of internet's favourite cat
Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.comSubscribe
Maharashtra Assembly Elections: Sachin Tendulkar, Deepika Padukone and others urge people to vote