Woman suffers burn injuries in LPG leak
In yet another incident of an LPG leak in the city a 50-year-old woman, Balu Bipan Khan, suffered burn injuries yesterday
In yet another incident of an LPG leak in the city a 50-year-old woman, Balu Bipan Khan, suffered burn injuries yesterday. Around 9.30 am, the Aundh Fire brigade station got a call that there had been a gas leak in the slum area of Janwadi Vasahan near Arun Kadam Chowk on Senapati Bapat Road.
Local resident Ahmed Mujawar said, “We heard Khan shouting, so some of us ran to the house and saw she was lying down near the cylinder which she was using for cooking. She had suffered burn injuries and some of the plastic things in the house had melted, so we called the fire brigade.”
Khan suffered burn injuries to her hands and she was immediately rushed to a nearby hospital.
Fire Officer Gajanan Pathrudkar of the Aundh fire station said, “In a small two-room house in this slum area, an LPG gas cylinder had leaked and clothes and plastic things in the house, like watches and chairs, had melted.
We immediately took the cylinder out of the house and kept it in an open space. By the time we reached the spot, local residents had already spread mud over the affected objects.”