World Environment Day: Say no to plastic, plant trees, urge B-Town celebs
On World Environment Day, actress Dia Mirza, also a UN Goodwill Ambassador for the environment, explained people about the importance of plantation
On World Environment Day on Wednesday, Bollywood celebrities, including Akshay Kumar, Dia Mirza, Anushka Sharma and Varun Dhawan, urged the people on social media to take care of the environment by avoiding plastic and planting more trees.
Actress Dia Mirza, also a UN Goodwill Ambassador for the environment, explained people about the importance of plantation. "Trees are natural air purifiers and sequesters of carbon! As we celebrate World Environment Day with action -- planting indigenous trees -- we hope more people will come together to beat air pollution," she wrote.
Trees are natural air purifiers and sequesters of carbon! As we celebrate #WorldEnvironmentDay with action - planting indigenous trees, we hope that more people will come together to #BeatAirPollution. @UNEnvironment @UNinIndia @SDG2030 #SDGImpactChat #ClimateAction #BreatheLife pic.twitter.com/4mAk9OvY6L— Dia Mirza (@deespeak) June 5, 2019
"Air pollution is a silent killer, claiming millions of lives every year. On World Environment Day, lets all come together and pledge to do our bit to improve the quality of air," Akshay Kumar wrote.
Air Pollution is a silent killer claiming millions of lives every year. On #WorldEnvironmentDay lets all come together and pledge to do our bit to improve the quality of air. #HawaAaneDehttps://t.co/iwx2tXvhPC— Akshay Kumar (@akshaykumar) June 5, 2019
Alia Bhatt also shared a thoughtful post to follow safe fashion. The actress wrote on Twitter: "Cleaner and greener future for all. #Coexist #FashionForACause
Actress Anushka Sharma, often seen promoting environmental issues on social media, took a pledge "to reverse the environmental damage caused by ensuring our commitment towards mother nature."
Here's what others wrote:
Air pollution affects us all & it's an issue that has been trying to get our attention for a while...If we don’t act now, soon we’ll have no option. Today on #WorldEnvironmentDay, let's start with educating and empowering ourselves to #BeatAirPollution!— Arjun Kapoor (@arjunk26) June 5, 2019
On this #WorldEnvironmentDay let's come together to make our planet cleaner and greener.— Disha Patani (@DishPatani) June 5, 2019
Today is also #WorldEnvironmentDay! let's pledge to do our bit to save our amazing planet. 9 out of 10 people in the world are breahting polluted air. Let's combine our efforts to reduce pollution and plant more trees. pic.twitter.com/urSDpgltMf— Sonakshi Sinha (@sonakshisinha) June 5, 2019
Top entertainment stories of the day:
- Raj Kumar Hirani weaves love story for Shah Rukh Khan?
- Janhvi Kapoor and Khushi Kapoor clicked at brother Arjun Kapoor's residence
- Bharat Box Office: Salman Khan's film has a fantastic opening
- See Photos: Shah Rukh Khan had a special guest during Eid 2019 celebrations
- Bandra Diaries: This is how Malaika Arora is beating the heat this summer
- Rajinikanth snapped with wife Latha and daughter Soundarya in Bandra
- This is how Arjun Rampal and Gabriella Demetriades chill when at home
- Disha Patani looks chic in distressed jeans and white corset top
- Salman Khan, Katrina Kaif, Tiger-Disha, Sunny Leone, Ira Khan, Giorgia, Iulia at screening of Bharat
- Taapsee Pannu: Actors wanted my portion abridged in Saand Ki Aankh
- Sayani Gupta: Would stand out with my skin tone in Article 15
- 25 photos of Katrina Kaif that redefine sexiness
Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.comSubscribe
How Salman Khan made smart use of World Environment Day