You can fly inside India from May 25, but on a long list of conditions
As domestic flight operations resume on May 25 after a two-month hiatus, all airlines will have to adhere to the upper and lower limits of fares prescribed by the government, the Civil Aviation Ministry says
- Passengers have to be thermal screened and must have Aarogya Setu on their mobiles, except children below 14.
- Passengers should reach the airport two hours before departure
- Passengers will be allowed into the terminal only if their flights are within four hours
- State governments and administrations have to ensure public transport and private taxis for passengers and airline crew
- Only personal vehicles or select cab services will be allowed to take passengers and staff to the airport or from it.
- All passengers have to wear masks and gloves
- For physical distancing in passenger seating areas, chairs to marked
- All staff should have hand sanitisers and PPE as directed by the home ministry
- Trolleys will not be allowed in the arrival or departure sections.
- Airport operators should make arrangements for sanitizing baggage before entry
- All entry gates of the terminal will be opened to avoid crowding
- Social distancing marks or stickers at a distance of at least a metre will be provided at the entry gates, screening zones and terminals.
- Mats or carpets soaked with bleach will be placed at the entrance to disinfect shoes
- Counters with Plexiglas or face shields for staff wherever there is interaction with passengers
- Newspapers or magazines will not be provided in the terminal buildings or lounges
- Employees with high fever, difficulty in breathing or cough will not be allowed entry into the airport.
Mid-Day is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@middayinfomedialtd) and stay updated with the latest news
This story has been sourced from a third party syndicated feed, agencies. Mid-day accepts no responsibility or liability for its dependability, trustworthiness, reliability and data of the text. Mid-day management/mid-day.com reserves the sole right to alter, delete or remove (without notice) the content in its absolute discretion for any reason whatsoever
Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.comSubscribe