Eid-E-Milad 2023: Mumbai Police said that many people are expected to attend the Eid-E-Milad processions which may lead to traffic congestion
- Mumbai Police on Thursday issued traffic restrictions in the city ahead of the Eid-E-Milad
- Mumbai Police said that many people are expected to attend the Eid-E-Milad processions
- Police have also issued a list of alternate routes
Eid-E-Milad 2023: Mumbai Police on Thursday issued traffic restrictions in the city ahead of the Eid-E-Milad processions on Friday, September 29.
Mumbai Police in a traffic notification said that on 29/9/23, to mark the occasion of 'Eid-e-Milad', a procession has been organised on the following route: Khilafat House- Seth Motisha lane- Seth Motisha Junction- Byculla Railway Bridge- Khada Parsi [Right Turn] Bapurao Jagtap Marg - Ganesh Hari Parundekar Marg (Left turn)- Maulana Azad Road - Madanpura- Dimtimkar road - Surti Mohalla--Maulana Shaukat Ali Rd - Sir J J Junction [Right Turn] - Ibrahim Rahimtulla Marg- Johar Chowk [Bhendi Bazaar Junction]- Mohammad Ali Road- Chakala Junction [Right Turn] Crowford Market - Abdul Rehaman Street- Ibrahim Rahimtulla Marg - Paydhoni Police Station - Sir J J Junction - Dimtimkar road to Mastan Talav.
The police said that many people are expected to attend the aforesaid processions, which will lead to traffic congestion on the said routes and the routes leading there unto. Therefore, in order to prevent obstruction and inconvenience to the public, traffic restrictions were being issued.
The notification was issued by Gaurav Singh, DCP (South), Traffic, Mumbai Police.
It said, following routes may be closed on 29/9/2023 from 14.00 hrs. onwards (as and when required) till completion of the procession:
1. Dr. B.A. Road (South Bound) - from Vijay Gajanand Loke Chowk (Daoji Konddev junction) to Abdul Hamid Ansari Chowk (Khada Parsee junction).
2. Byculla Bridge (Aanna Saheb Patil flyover).
3. There shall be 'NO RIGHT TURN' at Seth Mothisha Junction and Sant Sawata Junction for vehicles moving on North bound of Dr. B. A. Road.
4. Seth Mothisha Road (Love Lane) from Parab Chowk to Seth Mothisha Junction.
5. Bapurao Jagtap Marg - from Abdul Hameed Ansari Chowk (Khada Parsi Junction) to Late Uday Katkar chowk (Tambit Naka).
6. N.M. Joshi Marg - from P.S. Mandalik chowk to its intersection with Bapurao Jagtap Road.
7. Maulana Aazad Road -Sant Gadge Maharaj Chowk (Satrasta Junction) to Maulana Fazhul Hassan Hasrat Mohani chowk (Nagpada Junction).
8. Dimtimkar Road- from Nagpada Junction to its intersection with Sir JJ Road.
9. Maulana Shaukat Ali Road - from Don Taki junction to Dr. Md. Iqbal chowk (Sir J.J. Junction).
10. Mohammad Ali Road South Bound - from to Dr. Md. Iqbal chowk (Sir J.J. Junction) to Babu Rao Shete Junction (Chakala Junction)
11. Ibrahim Rahimatulla Marg- from Shri Bhadranand Vijayji Chowk (Kika Street Corner/Pydhonie Junction) to Maulana Mohammad Ali Johar Chowk (Bhendi Bazar Junction).
12. S.V.P. Road - Maulana Mohammad Ali Johar Chowk (Bhendi Bazar Junction) to its intersection with Chimna Butcher Street.
13. B. Virani Marg
14. Abdul Rehaman Street Crowford Market Junction to Kika Street Corner/Pydhonie Junction.
15. Chimna Butcher Street
1. Vehicles coming from South bound of Dr. B.A. Road and going towards CSMT may take left turn at Vijay Gajanand Loke Chowk (Dadoji Konddev junction)- E S Patanwala Marg- - right turn at Barrister Nath Pai Marg- P D'mello Road- Carnac Bandar- Avtarsingh Bedi Chowk and further towards South Mumbai.
2. Vehicles coming from Lalbaugh flyover, south bound of Dr. B.A. Road and going towards CSMT shall use Sant Sawata Slip Road and take left turn at Sant Sawata
Junction- Sant Sawata Marg- Prabhakar Mhatre Chowk (Mustafa Bazar Junction) Ray Road Bridge Slip Road- right turn at Barrister Nath Pai Marg- P D'mello Road- Carnac Bandar- Avtarsingh Bedi Chowk and further towards South Mumbai.
3. Vehicles coming from Dr. B.A.Road, North Bound shall instead of taking right turn at Seth Motishah Lane Junction and Saint Sawata Junction will go straight towards below Lalbaugh flyover and take right turn at Dadoji Konddev junction and futher to their desired destination.
4. Vehicles moving on north bound of Dr. B. A. Road and intending to go towards Sant Gadge Maharaj Chowk (Saatrasta Junction) (or in the neighbourhood of Saatrasta Junction shall take proceed through North Bound of 'Y' bridge and then take a left turn onto Mandalik Bridge ('S' bridge) and proceed via K. K. Road to Saatrasta Junction and further towards their destination.
5. Vehicles moving from L.T. Marg to Kika Streer corner shall be diverted via Metro Junction Right Turn - Jagannath Shankar Sheth Road - Right Turn- Kalbadevi Road- Kika Street Corner (Pydhonie Junction).
6. Vehicles moving on SVP road, YM Road, Ramchandra Bhatt Marg and intending to go towards Kalbadevi, Girgaon, Mumbai Central, Nagpada or in the neighbourhood of these areas are advised to proceed P D'Mello road, Avtar Singh Bedi Chowk and further towards their destination.
There shall be 'NO PARKING' on the following roads on 29/9/23.
1. Seth Mothisha Love Lane
2. Dadoji Konddev Marg.
3. Saint Sawata Marg.
4. E. S. Patanwala Marg.
5. Dr. Mascarenhas road- from Parab Chowk to Maharana Pratap Chowk.
6. Balvantsingh Dhodi Marg -from Maharana Pratap Chowk to Dockyard Junction.
7. Bapurao Jagtap Marg- from Abdul Hameed Ansari Chowk (Khadparashi Junction) to
Sant Gadge Maharaj Chowk (Satrasta Junction)
8. N.M. Joshi Marg from S. Bridge to Ghodke Chowk.
9. Byculla Station Road
10. Maulana Azad Road -from Sant Gadge Maharaj Chowk (Satrasta Junction)) to Don Taki
11. Boman Behramji Marg (Belasis Road)- from Maulana Fazhul Hassan Hasrat Mohani
Chowk (Nagpada Junction) to Dr K. A. Hameed Chowk (Mumbai Central Junction)
12. Dimtimkar Road
13. Maulana Shaukat Ali Road
14. Claire Road
15. Mohammad Ali Road.
16. S.V.P Road.
17. Sir J.J Road.
18. Abdul Rehman Street.
19. Ibrahim Rahimtulla Marg - Dr. Alima Mohammad Iqbal Chowk (J.J Junction) to
Kika Street Corner (Pydhonie Junction).
20. B. Virani Marg
21. Y.M Road
22. Kazi Sayyad Street.
23. Abdul Rehaman Street
24. Chimna Butcher Street
25. Temkar Street