As devotees bid final goodbye to Lord Ganesha by carrying out visarjan (immersion) procession in Mumbai on Thursday, the BEST buses plying on the roads have been diverted on some routes across the city
As devotees bid final goodbye to Lord Ganesha by carrying out visarjan (immersion) procession in Mumbai on Thursday, the BEST buses plying on the roads have been diverted on some routes across the city.
According to the Brihanmumbai Electricity Supply and Transport (BEST) official, routes in Sion, Colaba, Bhayandar, Bhandup areas have been diverted since afternoon.
The BEST buses on route no. 706, 707, 709, 710, 718, 720, C-72 are halted at Golden Nest bus stop instead of Bhayandar station, on the occasion of Ganapati Visarjana since 3 pm, the official informed.
Other diversion inlcudes
- Buses of route no. 14, 15, 88, 169, 172, 255, 312, and 348 in Pratiksha nagar, Sion are diverted via Kokari Aagar in both the directions from 3.45 pm.
- Bus routes no. 608 and 612 are suspended at Sahyadri Nagar Bhandup at 1.15 pm.
- Jagannath Shankarsheth Road within the limits of Backbay Agar has been closed since 1 pm.
- Bus routes No. 66, 69, 86, 103 etc. in the UP direction are taking a left turn from Parsi Dairy to Opera House Junction via Maharshi Curve and onwards in normal route.
- The buses of route no. 121 have been reflected up and down through Maharshi Karve marg.
- On Bhadkamkar marg "DN" , Buses in "UP" direction are diverted from Pt.Paluskar Chowk via kennedy bridge upto Vasantrao Naik chk and then via Mumbai Central bridge from 3.50 pm.
- Buses plying on Vashi highway ( Y.B.Chawan junction to Vashi Depot) are diverted in UP direction via Palm Beach road from 3.40 pm. Route 501, 502 , 504 , 505 etc.
- Grant road station Noshir Bharucha road close. Buses of route number 155 diverted via Nana chowk from 3.30 pm
- Buses of route 02 & 14 diverted via "S" bridge - Jijamata Udyan as road towards byculla station (W), closed for vehicular traffic at "S" bridge junction from 2.30 pm.
As the 10-day Ganeshotsav festival concludes on September 28, 2023, devotees in large number gather on streets of Mumbai to offer prayer and immerse the Lord Ganesha idols.