A minor fire occurred on Monday in the official residence of Maharashtra's Food Minister Girish Bapat, at Malabar Hills in south Mumbai, but nobody was injured, an official said.
The blaze was spotted at around 8:20 PM in the staff quarters on the ground floor of 'Dyaneshwari' bungalow.
Fortunately, the fire didn't spread much and mainly remained confined to electric wiring, other installations and household articles, the official said.
The fire was put out within 15 minutes due to prompt action by fire personnel, he added. It cannot be confirmed immediately whether Bapat, who hails from Pune and his family members were present inside the bungalow at the time of the mishap.
According to the authorities, level 1 fire that was reported at around 8.55 pm and the fire brigade reached the spot around 9.01 pm.
Chief fire officer of Mumbai fire brigade, S. Rahangdale said: "Fire was confined to electric wiring, electric installation, household articles in the servant quarter of Dyaneshwari bungalow."
Rahangdale added, "The fire was extinguished by one small line of a fire engine and one first-aid line of quick response vehicle after cutting off the electricity supply."
A minor fire occurred on Monday in the official residence of Maharashtra's Food Minister Girish Bapat at Malabar Hills in south Mumbai. We have pictures/All pics/Satej Shinde
DISCLAIMER: mid-day and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.