A fire broke out in a posh residential building in Parel area, a neighbourhood in Mumbai, on Wednesday morning at around 8.30 am. While the cause of the fire and its point of origin are yet to be established, the open electrical ducts are suspected to be one of the major reason for the spread of flames. The blaze was confined to the wiring in the electric duct in the lift lobby, lift shafts and corridors from the 12th storey to the 16th. Only on the 12th floor were all the apartments gutted. The building had no Occupancy Certificate (OC), and no fire audit had been carried out there either. Four people were killed in the tragic incident, and 22 others, including four firemen, were injured.