BEST bus catches fire with passengers on-board in Andheri

A BrihanMumbai Electric Supply and Transport Undertaking (BEST) bus caught fire while passengers were on-board, near SEEPZ in Andheri (E) on Thursday morning at around 11.15am.

"All passengers onboard the bus were safe,"said H Gophane, spokesperson, BEST.

BEST officials said that it was a single decker diesel engine bus on route number 459 which was heading to Mulund from Malvani. Sources said that the bus's engine caught fire probably due to overheating while it was maneuvering on a steep road.

"A fire engine immediately rushed to the spot and doused the fire," added Gophane. Only a few rubber pipes and other parts of the engine were damaged as they were burnt

According to BEST, the bus driver first noticed the fire and immediately stopped the bus and asked passengers to alight.

You May Like



    Leave a Reply