Close shave for passengers as ST bus catches fire in Pune

Pune: A state transport bus, plying with 57 passengers, caught fire due to an internal short circuit on Wednesday. Luckily, but no passenger suffered any injuries.

The incident took place at Old Katraj Tunnel around 5 pm when the state transport bus was heading from Pune to Gujawane.

According to police, “The preliminary investigation reveals that the fire might have been caused due to an internal short circuit. The driver of the bus noticed the fire, and, according, alerted the passengers. Later, they contacted us as well as the fire brigade team. Within 20 minutes, the fire was brought under control. No one suffered injuries.”

    Leave a Reply