Keep glowing: Protect your skin from suntan with these homemade packs
Here are some easily available ingredients, the application of which can protect your skin from suntan. Take a look...
While the scorching summer is about to make its grand entry in few days, every one of you must be running after a high SPF- loaded sunscreen or a huge umbrella to give you maximum protection from heat and tan. However, while all these are common means to protect your skin for sunlight, why not try out some home remedies for better results. Here are some easily available ingredients, the application of which can protect your skin from suntan. Take a look:
1. Coconut water and sandalwood pack: This is an amazing combination that helps to treat tan, burn and blemishes. While sandalwood works as an excellent cleanser, coconut water leads to a glowing skin. Make sandalwood powder at home and mix it with coconut water. Apply the thick mixture all over the face and was it off after half an hour. You will get to see the results within few weeks.
2. Lemon juice: Rich in vitamin C and citric acid, lemon juice is an excellent home remedy for treating suntan. Mix lemon juice with honey and apply it on face and other required areas. Leave it for 10-15 minutes and then wash it off.
3. Gram flour paste: This readily available ingredient is also a very helpful one to treat suntan. Gram flower removes dead skin cells and leaves the skin glowing and flawless. Mix the flour with water and apply in on face and other areas affected by tan. Leave it for 15-20 minutes and wipe-off with lukewarm water. Apply gram flour at least twice in a week for best results.
4. Aloe Vera juice: This medicinal plant is used to treat both skin and hair. Aloe Vera is rich with cooling properties, which when applied on tan areas, diminishes the dark patch and render a glowing skin. Aloe Vera gel can also be used on the sunburned skin and other body parts to give our skin a natural shield from the sunburn.
5. Papaya and honey pack: Mix finely mash papaya with honey as per required proportion and apply it all over your face. Leave the fruit pack for around half an hour and wipe it off with regular water. A papaya-honey face pack protects the skin from sun exposure and leaves it soft and supple.
6. Milk and turmeric mix: While milk leaves your skin soft and supple, turmeric acts as a healing agent for burns and tan. Make a mixture of these two products and apply it all over your face. Leave it till it dries up and wash it off with regular water. The mixture can be used daily for best results.
7. Cucumber and rose water mix: A mixture of cucumber juice and rose water is blended with cooling properties. When the pack is applied on the skin, it soothes tan marks and leaves your skin flawless. Apply the mixture all over your face and leave it for around 10 minutes. It can be used every alternate day for best results.
Why to empty your wallets if you can get your tan cured at home in the natural way? Give a thought!
(With inputs from agencies)