Woman dies of scrub typhus in Maharashtra's Gondia
Scrub typhus is a disease caused by the bite of chiggers, a minute arachnid, found in paddy fields and overgrown grass patches, the official said
A 34-year-old woman died Thursday of scrub typhus, a bacterial infection, in Maharashtra's Gondia district, a senior health official said. Scrub typhus is a disease caused by the bite of chiggers, a minute arachnid, found in paddy fields and overgrown grass patches, the official said.
Seema Yeshwant Dhurwe, a resident of Thadezhari in Sadak Arjuni tehsil here, was admitted to a private hospital Tuesday after she complained of headache and high fever, said District Contagious Disease Control Officer Dr Bhumesh Patle. "After her condition deteriorated, she was put on ventilator support on Wednesday and died Thursday," Patle said.
He said that district health authorities were carrying out awareness campaigns about scrub typhus and had asked people to go to the fields or venture outside wearing
"In case of high fever, body aches and itchy skin, people should immediately consult a doctor. Scrub typhus can be treated if diagnosed early," the medical official said.
He said that doxycycline, an antibiotic for the ailment, is being stocked by all primary health centres in the district. The official informed that, since August 26, three patients have been diagnosed with scrub typhus in Gondia.
This story has been sourced from a third party syndicated feed, agencies. Mid-day accepts no responsibility or liability for its dependability, trustworthiness, reliability and data of the text. Mid-day management/mid-day.com reserves the sole right to alter, delete or remove (without notice) the content in its absolute discretion for any reason whatsoever
DISCLAIMER: mid-day and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.
Here is what children of famous politicians of Maharashtra are doing now