Home / Mumbai / Mumbai News / Article / Cyclone Tauktae: ONGC's negligence led to barge tragedy, says Shiv Sena; asks if oil minister would resign

Cyclone Tauktae: ONGC's negligence led to barge tragedy, says Shiv Sena; asks if oil minister would resign

In an editorial, the party said the deaths were not caused due to a natural disaster, but it was a case of culpable homicide as ONGC did not take the cyclone warnings seriously

Listen to this article :
Stranded workers from a barge, which sank in Arabian Sea during Cyclone Tauktae, were airlifted by naval personnel. Pic/AFP

Stranded workers from a barge, which sank in Arabian Sea during Cyclone Tauktae, were airlifted by naval personnel. Pic/AFP

The Shiv Sena on Saturday held Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) responsible for the death of several personnel of the barge that sank off the Mumbai coast when cyclone Tauktae brushed past the city earlier this week, and sought to know if Petroleum Minister Dharmendra Pradhan would resign owning the moral responsibility of the tragedy.

In an editorial in its mouthpiece Saamana, the party said the deaths were not caused due to a natural disaster, but it was a case of culpable homicide as ONGC did not take the cyclone warnings seriously.

How do you like the new new mid-day.com experience? Share your feedback and help us improve.

Read Next Story
Bombay HC asks police not to arrest Param Bir Singh in atrocities case till May 24

Trending Stories

Latest Photoscta-pos

Latest VideosView All

Latest Web StoriesView All

Mid-Day FastView All

Advertisement