The worker got electrocuted when an iron rod accidentally came in contact with a high tension wire passing over the bridge
Representative image. Pic/Istock
A 29-year-old labourer died of electrocution while working on a bridge on the Surya river in Maharashtra's Palghar district, police said on Wednesday.
The incident took place on Tuesday when the bridge renovation work was underway on Chillar Boisar road in Lalonde village, an official from Manor police station said.
The worker got electrocuted when an iron rod accidentally came in contact with a high tension wire passing over the bridge, he said.
Also Read: Maharashtra: Fishing boat capsizes off Palghar coast; 15 people onboard rescued
He was immediately rushed to a nearby hospital where doctors declared him brought dead, the official said.
The body of the victim, who hailed from Bihar, was sent to a government hospital for post-mortem, he said.
The Manor police have as of now registered a case of accidental death and are conducting a probe into it, the official said.
This story has been sourced from a third party syndicated feed, agencies. Mid-day accepts no responsibility or liability for its dependability, trustworthiness, reliability and data of the text. Mid-day management/mid-day.com reserves the sole right to alter, delete or remove (without notice) the content in its absolute discretion for any reason whatsoever.