The boy's respiratory tract and blood vessels were cut by the nylon string. He breathed his last on Sunday morning in a hospital, an official said
A ten-year-old boy died during treatment on Sunday, a day after his throat was slashed by a nylon string being used for flying a kite in Nagpur city of Maharashtra, police said.
The incident occurred on Saturday in Jaripatka area when the boy, a class 5 student, was returning home on a two-wheeler with his father.
Police said the boy's respiratory tract and blood vessels were cut by the nylon string. He breathed his last on Sunday morning in a hospital, an official said.
A case of accidental death was registered and the investigation was launched, the Nagpur Police said.
Also Read: Makar Sankranti: Use of nylon manja would be punishable offence, says Police
Meanwhile, offences were registered against three shopkeepers for allegedly selling banned nylon kite strings in Maharashtra's Thane district, police said on Sunday.
During checks carried out by Tulinj police, it was found that three shopkeepers had stocked and sold nylon kite strings at their establishments for Makar Sankranti festival, an official said.
Offences under section 188 (disobedience to order duly promulgated by public servant) and other relevant provisions of the Indian Penal Code have been registered, he said.
The Thane Police also seized banned kite strings worth Rs 14,500, the official said, adding that no arrests have been made.
(with PTI Inputs)