Home / Mumbai / Mumbai News / Article /
Mumbai's second COVID-19 casualty is 63-yr-old man
Updated On: 23 March, 2020 06:41 AM IST | Mumbai | Arita Sarkar
One more woman tests positive in city on Sunday, taking total count in the city to 37 cases

This picture has been used for representation purpose only
A 63-year-old resident of South Mumbai who tested positive for COVID 19 died early Sunday morning, making him the second casualty in the state and after him, his wife tested positive as well. Civic officials said that six new cases were reported in the city taking Mumbai's count to 36 cases which includes two deaths.
The 63-year-old patient had been admitted at H.N Reliance Hospital on March 19 and sources at the hospital said that he was admitted with a chest infection. "On the second day, after examining his chest X-Ray, his swab samples were sent for testing and he was transferred to the isolation ward," said the source. The patient tested positive on March 21 after which his family members, including his wife's samples, were collected and sent for testing. According to civic officials, his wife, 64, tested positive, is asymptomatic and was admitted at Reliance Hospital.


