Home / Mumbai / Mumbai News / Article / Documents sought by CBI not relevant to probe against Anil Deshmukh: Maha govt to HC

Documents sought by CBI not relevant to probe against Anil Deshmukh: Maha govt to HC

The CBI had last month filed an application stating the government was acting contrary to an order passed by the HC which allowed the Central agency to inquire into allegations of corruption in police transfers and reinstatement of Mumbai Police officer Sachin Waze, now dismissed

Listen to this article :
Anil Deshmukh | File Pic

Anil Deshmukh | File Pic

The Maharashtra government on Tuesday told the Bombay High Court that it was willing to cooperate with the CBI in its probe against former state home minister Anil Deshmukh but the documents sought by the central agency are "not relevant" to the case.

The state government submitted its affidavit in response to an application filed by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) alleging the government was not cooperating by refusing to hand over certain documents in connection with a probe against Deshmukh.

Exhibition Ad Banner
Exhibition Ad Banner

How do you like the new new mid-day.com experience? Share your feedback and help us improve.

Read Next Story
Maharashtra: 80 pc samples sent for genome sequencing test positive for Delta variant, says state health dept

Trending Stories

Latest Photoscta-pos

Latest VideosView All

Latest Web StoriesView All

Mid-Day FastView All

Advertisement