Home / Mumbai / Mumbai News / Article / MNS and educational groups oppose three-language formula under NEP 2020

MNS and educational groups oppose three-language formula under NEP 2020

Raj Thackeray-led party spokesperson says only Marathi, English should be mandatory for schoolkids

Listen to this article :
Deepak Pawar (right) and other members of Marathi Study Centre at the Mumbai Press Club in Fort on May 1. Pic/By special arrangement

Deepak Pawar (right) and other members of Marathi Study Centre at the Mumbai Press Club in Fort on May 1. Pic/By special arrangement

The Raj Thackeray-led Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) is now up in arms against the three-language formula proposed under the National Education Policy (NEP), 2020. Earlier, the party opposed the state government’s decision to make Hindi a compulsory language in schools across Maharashtra, prompting the government to amend its decision and make Hindi optional instead. Apart from political parties, various organisations have red-flagged the three-language format.

Last week, while addressing a function on the Marathi language in the suburbs, MNS spokesperson Hemant Kamble fired a fresh salvo against the state government for adopting the three-language formula. “We not only oppose Hindi as a compulsory language but also disapprove of the government’s decision to make three languages mandatory under the NEP, 2020,” he said.

Exhibition Ad Banner
Exhibition Ad Banner

How do you like the new new mid-day.com experience? Share your feedback and help us improve.

Read Next Story
Mumbai: Is it shutters for one of city’s oldest Marathi-medium schools?

Trending Stories

Latest Photoscta-pos

Latest VideosView All

Latest Web StoriesView All

Mid-Day FastView All

Advertisement