Home / Mumbai / Mumbai News / Article / Phone tapping: Anil Deshmukh sets up two-member panel to probe

Phone tapping: Anil Deshmukh sets up two-member panel to probe

In two tweets, the state home minister called the allegations of phone tapping an 'abuse of power' by the previous government, 'violating the freedom and privacy as enshrined by the Constitution of India'

  • WhatsAppBookmarkBookmark
Listen to this article :
Anil Deshmukh. Picture/ Anil Deshmukh-Twitter

Anil Deshmukh. Picture/ Anil Deshmukh-Twitter

Amidst allegations of phone tapping of politicians on the previous state government led by Bharatiya Janata Party’s Devendra Fadnavis, State Home Minister Anil Deshmukh, on Monday, has said that his ministry will constitute a two-member committee to investigate the matter, which he refers to as a ‘national security threat.’

In two tweets, Deshmukh said that this ‘abuse of power violates the freedom and privacy as enshrined by the Constitution of India.’ He had also alleged in January that the Fadnavis government tapped the phones of chief minister Uddhav Thackeray, Shiv Sena leader Sanjay Raut and NCP chief Sharad Pawar ahead of the Lok Sabha and state assembly elections last year.

Read Next Story
Why Kunal Kamra stood outside Raj Thackeray's home with a vada pav

Trending Stories

Latest Photoscta-pos

Latest VideosView All

Latest Web StoriesView All

Mid-Day FastView All