Get Your Mid-Day Gold Yearly Subscription now at Rs 899 Rs 499!

Home > News > India News > Article > Uttar Pradesh 14 people rescued so far in Lucknow building collapse

Uttar Pradesh: 14 people rescued so far in Lucknow building collapse

Updated on: 25 January,2023 08:50 AM IST  |  Lucknow
PTI |

On the intervening night of Tuesday and Wednesday, Deputy General of Police DS Chauhan informed that five people are still stuck under the debris of a residential building which collapsed on Wazir Hasanganj Road in Uttar Pradesh's Lucknow

Uttar Pradesh: 14 people rescued so far in Lucknow building collapse

Representative image. Pic/Istock


14 people have been rescued so far after a residential building collapsed on Tuesday on Wazir Hasanganj Road in Lucknow, said police.


On the intervening night of Tuesday and Wednesday, Deputy General of Police DS Chauhan informed that five people are still stuck under the debris of a residential building which collapsed on Wazir Hasanganj Road in Uttar Pradesh's Lucknow.



While talking to the mediapersons, the DGP said, "Five people are still stuck under the debris and proper oxygen is being supplied to them. They are in the same room. We are in contact with two people. Nobody has been arrested yet, a proper investigation will be done."


"They are in the same room. We are in contact with two people. Nobody has been arrested yet, a proper investigation will be done," he added.

On Tuesday, three people died after a residential building collapsed on Wazir Hasanganj Road in Uttar Pradesh's Lucknow, Deputy Chief Minister Brajesh Pathak said. The police are present at the spot and rescue operations are underway.

Also Read: Uttar Pradesh: Woman killed, four injured as vehicle falls into ravine in Sultanpur

"Building collapsed suddenly. Three dead bodies have been found and sent to the hospital. NDRF and fire brigade personnel are present at the spot, rescue operation is underway," Pathak who reached the spot had said.

According to an official statement, Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath took cognizance of the accident and instructed them to send SDRF and NDRF teams on the spot. The Chief Minister directed the officials of the district administration to take the injured to the hospital immediately for their proper treatment.

"Also wished for the speedy recovery of the injured. Along with this, along with the District Magistrate and senior police officers, SDRF, and NDRF teams have been instructed to go on the spot and get relief work done. Along with this, many hospitals were instructed to remain alert," the statement said.

This story has been sourced from a third party syndicated feed, agencies. Mid-day accepts no responsibility or liability for its dependability, trustworthiness, reliability and data of the text. Mid-day management/mid-day.com reserves the sole right to alter, delete or remove (without notice) the content in its absolute discretion for any reason whatsoever.

Should Joshimath subsidence be declared as a national disaster?

Register for FREE
to continue reading !

This is not a paywall.
However, your registration helps us understand your preferences better and enables us to provide insightful and credible journalism for all our readers.

This website uses cookie or similar technologies, to enhance your browsing experience and provide personalised recommendations. By continuing to use our website, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Cookie Policy. OK