Home / Sports / Cricket / Article / Guilty plea in Jesse Ryder bar assault case

Guilty plea in Jesse Ryder bar assault case

A New Zealand man has pleaded guilty to assaulting cricketer Jesse Ryder during an altercation outside a bar in the South Island city of Christchurch last month, reports said Tuesday.

  • WhatsAppBookmarkBookmark
Listen to this article :

The 20-year-old, whose name was suppressed, was convicted after pleading guilty to one charge of assault and will reappear in the Christchurch District Court on June 5, the Christchurch Press reported.

It said a second man, 37, the convicted man's uncle, elected to contest charges of assaulting and injuring Ryder and planned to take the case to trial.

Read Next Story
IPL 6: Made some adjustments for T20: Pujara

Trending Stories

Latest Photoscta-pos

Latest VideosView All

Latest Web StoriesView All

Mid-Day FastView All