Home / Sports / Cricket / Article / No Jennifer Lopez show for FIFA World Cup opening ceremony

No Jennifer Lopez show for FIFA World Cup opening ceremony

Pop star Jennifer Lopez, who has sung the official World Cup song, pulls out of Thursday's curtain raiser; FIFA cites production issues

  • WhatsAppBookmarkBookmark
Listen to this article :
Jennifer Lopez. Pic/Santa Banta

Jennifer Lopez. Pic/Santa Banta

Rio de Janeiro: Pop superstar Jennifer Lopez has pulled out of the World Cup opening ceremony in Brazil, FIFA said on Sunday, four days before the tournament kicks off.

Jennifer Lopez. Pic/AFP
Jennifer Lopez. Pic/AFP 

Lopez, who recorded the official World Cup song, 'We Are One,' with rapper Pitbull and Brazilian singer Claudia Leitte, had been due to perform with them at the opening ceremony in Sao Paulo, but had to cancel, said the football governing body.

Read Next Story
FIFA World Cup 2014: Brazil's crisis plan - give it to Neymar

Trending Stories

Latest Photoscta-pos

Latest VideosView All

Latest Web StoriesView All

Mid-Day FastView All