Wimbledon: Alexander Zverev beats Taylor Fritz in a marathon clash
"Stopping yesterday two sets to one down was not a nice feeling, but I came out today and knew I would have chances," Zverev said

Germanys Alexander Zverev celebrates winning a point against US player Taylor Fritz during their mens singles second round match on the fifth day of the 2018 Wimbledon Championships at The All England Lawn Tennis Club in Wimbledon, southwest London, on Ju
Alexander Zverev avoided a shock Wimbledon exit as the world number three battled back to beat American youngster Taylor Fritz 6-4, 5-7, 6-7 0/7, 6-1, 6-2 on Friday. Zverev had just lost the third set when bad light forced play to be suspended late on Thursday evening. But the 21-year-old German has plenty of practice at scrambling out of trouble after three times winning from two sets to one down at the recent French Open. He staged another impressive escape act on Court One, winning the final two sets to move into the third round. Zverev will face Latvian qualifier Ernests Gulbis for a place in the last 16.
"Stopping yesterday two sets to one down was not a nice feeling, but I came out today and knew I would have chances," Zverev said. "I think the last two sets here showed my progress. I played well on clay, so it-s coming together slowly. "I-m preparing the best I can. This match showed I can-t take anything for granted." After enjoying the best Grand Slam run of his career when he made the French Open quarter-finals last month, Zverev is hoping to reach the last eight at Wimbledon for the first time.


