Lamine Yamal under fire for allegedly hiring people with dwarfism for entertainment
Updated On: 16 July, 2025 08:37 PM IST | Spain | mid-day online correspondent
Spain’s Ministry of Social Rights has formally requested that prosecutors launch an investigation into the reported incident. Ministry director Jesús Martín Blanco told Europa Press that such hirings 'take us back to the Middle Ages'

Lamine Yamal (Pic: AFP)
Barcelona's rising star, Lamine Yamal, is facing significant backlash after reports emerged that his 18th birthday celebration featured people with dwarfism hired as entertainers.
Spain’s Ministry of Social Rights has formally requested that prosecutors launch an investigation into the reported incident. Ministry director Jesús Martín Blanco told Europa Press that such hirings 'take us back to the Middle Ages'. A local association for people with disabilities had already condemned the alleged hirings, saying it would take action 'legally and socially' against those responsible for promoting such actions, reported news agency Associated Press.
Enjoy one minute of Lamine Yamal’s birthday party. pic.twitter.com/7XBQlLLMmM
— Lamine Yamal Xtra (@Yamal_Xtra) July 14, 2025
The controversy comes at a time when Yamal’s professional career is soaring. Following standout performances in La Liga, the UEFA Champions League, and a sensational showing at the 2024 European Championships, the young winger has been touted as one of the leading contenders for this year’s Ballon d’Or. His meteoric rise has drawn comparisons to legendary figures, including Cristiano Ronaldo.
How do you like the new new mid-day.com experience? Share your feedback and help us improve.



