Top 7 bakeries in Mumbai for a delicious Christmas 'cakeaway'
This guide will take you through some iconic Mumbai bakeries, which are known to satiate our Christmas craving since years
Christmas Eve is knocking at the door and Mumbai is gearing up for the celebration. While shops are busy selling Christmas goodies, bakeries are also busy baking cakes, cookies and many such sugary bites. Amidst all oomph and glitters, trees and santas and, carols and stars, the Christmas special plum cake is one that is unforgettable. Along with the plum cakes, come the tender pudding and tempting rum balls. If you are still trying to figure out which bakeries in Mumbai to visit for the exotic Christmas sweetmeats, then follow our recommendations below. This guide will take you through some iconic Mumbai bakeries, which are known to satiate our Christmas craving since years:
1. American Express Bakery: The bakery in the posh and happening Hill Road in Bandra recently got a makeover. Along with the revamped wall art, the iconic Bandra bakery also added Chocolate Hazelnut Babka and Polish bread to its existing menu. Dessert lovers will also get a chance to grab bites of sugar loaded, cheesy, tender and freshly baked Plum Pudding, Guava Cheese and Fruit Mince Pies here during the Christmas eve.
2. Kyani and Co.: This is one of those Iranian bakeries in Mumbai that will surely take you back in time. An old world charm and aroma of fresh bakes at Kyani will drive you to gulp more and more cakes. Christmas is no doubt the best time to visit this old Iranian bakery located at Marine Lines. Mawa cakes, Plum cakes, and Fresh Cream pastries are popular desserts worth trying during the festival.
3. Jimmy Boy: Apart from lip smacking Parsi whole meals, Jimmy Boy is also known for a wide range of tempting desserts. When Christmas is round the corner and if you are in Mumbai, you simply cannot ignore Jimmy Boy. Chocolate Balls, Apple Pie, Lemon Tart and Eggless Brownies are some popular names in Jimmy Boy’s dessert menu. It is located at Fort, Mumbai.
4. Le 15 Patisserie: From macarons and tarts to cupcakes and pastries, Le 15 Patisserie is a popular Mumbai bakery located in Bandra, Khar, Lower Parel. Simple in appearance yet tender and delicious in taste, cakes of this Mumbai bakery deserve a bite during Christmas. Indulge yourself in a sweet gastronomic affair that is topped with delicacies like Caramel Cheesecake, Hazelnut Macarons, Banana Caramel Tart and Red Velvet Cupcake, to name a few.
5. Merwans: Established in 1914, this bakery has been a quintessential part of Mumbai since its foundation. While you are looking out for Plum Ckaes and Christmas pudding everywhere, do not miss out Merwans’ Mawa cakes. Merwans’ freshly baked moist spongy, aromatic, and melt-in-mouth Mawa cakes are desserts to die for. Spicy bites like rolls and patisserie are equally delectable. The shop has branches in places like Malad (West), Andheri West and Mira Road.
6. Yazdani Bakery: Carrot and plum cakes and sponge cakes accompanied by shrewsbury biscuits and khari biscuits have pulled in several sweet and cake lovers to this legendary Iranian bakery since generations. Its old world charm along accompanied by freshly baked spongy cakes will make your culinary journey this Christmas a memorable affair. The cake shop is located in Fort, Mumbai.
7. Celebrations Fine Confection: This is one of the most recognized names for high quality cakes and patisseries in Mumbai. The confectionary has outlets in places like Breach Candy and Lower Parel. Celebrations Fine Confection’s menu comes with a twist during Christmas. Apart from regular cakes and bakes, this time the outlet will offer PudCakes, a dessert that tastes like pudding but appears like cake. The spongy sweetmeat is stuffed with walnuts, cherries, prunes, candied orange peel and alcohol.
Try out some, or if time permits, all of these cake shops in Mumbai on this Christmas eve and share your experiences with us later. Merry Christmas in advance!
Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.comSubscribe
International Sushi Day: Learn how to make mouthwatering Sushi at home from this Mumbai chef!