Home / Mumbai / Mumbai News / Article / 'Restrain TV media from parallel campaign in TRP case'

'Restrain TV media from parallel campaign in TRP case'

Appearing for the state government, senior advocate Kapil Sibal told the court that the channels had been running a parallel investigation and trial, calling witnesses and making statements, while the matter was sub-judice

  • WhatsAppBookmarkBookmark
Listen to this article :
TRP scam accused at Esplanade court. File pic/Suresh Karkera

TRP scam accused at Esplanade court. File pic/Suresh Karkera

The Maharashtra government on Wednesday urged the Bombay High Court to issue orders directing Republic TV and other news channels to refrain from running a "parallel investigation and trial" into the allegedTRP (Television Rating Points) rigging scam. A bench of Justices S S Shinde and M S Karnik, however, said it cannot pass any orders at this stage to restrain the reportage in the case.

Appearing for the state government, senior advocate Kapil Sibal told the court that the channels had been running a parallel investigation and trial, calling witnesses and making statements, while the matter was sub-judice.

Read Next Story
Mumbai Crime: Salesman held for sending nude photos to women

Trending Stories

Latest Photoscta-pos

Latest VideosView All

Latest Web StoriesView All

Mid-Day FastView All