Home / Mumbai / Mumbai News / Article / Maha Transport Minister Anil Parab’s ultimatum fails to get MSRTC protesters back

Maha Transport Minister Anil Parab’s ultimatum fails to get MSRTC protesters back

Officials say a little over 25,000 workers have joined work so far; workers say they will wait till March 22 before taking decision

Listen to this article :
MSRTC workers at Azad Maidan, on Friday. Pic/Bipin Kokate

MSRTC workers at Azad Maidan, on Friday. Pic/Bipin Kokate

State Transport Minister Anil Parab’s ultimatum to all MSRTC workers to resume work by March 10 seems to have fallen on deaf ears as protesters are continuing the strike. Officials said that a little over 25,000 staffers have joined work so far, and there has not been much difference since the minister’s ultimatum.

Workers who are demonstrating at Azad Maidan told mid-day that they will wait till March 22 before taking the final decision. Earlier this week, the legislative council asked the state government to set up a panel of members from the ruling and opposition parties of both the houses of the legislature to hold talks with the protesters at Azad Maidan.

Exhibition Ad Banner
Exhibition Ad Banner

How do you like the new new mid-day.com experience? Share your feedback and help us improve.

Read Next Story
How people and parties let the BJP win Goa

Trending Stories

Latest Photoscta-pos

Latest VideosView All

Latest Web StoriesView All

Mid-Day FastView All

Advertisement