shot-button
Subscription Subscription
Home > Mumbai > Mumbai News > Article > Maharashtra 32 year old man dies of electrocution amid rains in Thane

Maharashtra: 32-year-old man dies of electrocution amid rains in Thane

Updated on: 18 June,2024 03:44 PM IST  |  Mumbai
mid-day online correspondent |

The man died of electrocution while attempting to place a plastic sheet on the balcony of his house amid rains

Maharashtra: 32-year-old man dies of electrocution amid rains in Thane

Representational Pic/File

Listen to this article
Maharashtra: 32-year-old man dies of electrocution amid rains in Thane
x
00:00

A 32-year-old man died of electrocution while attempting to place a plastic sheet on the balcony of his house amid rains in Maharashtra's Thane district, the police said on Tuesday, reported the PTI.


The incident occurred in a chawl in the Nizampura area on Monday afternoon, an official said.

The victim, Mohammad Salim Mohammad Ansari, was placing a plastic sheet on the iron net on his balcony, he said, according to the PTI.



Salim Ansari and his two-year-old daughter, who was holding onto him, suddenly clung to the net, the official said.


The man suffered a severe electric shock and died, while the child survived, he said.

The official said that the police sent the body for a post-mortem and registered an accidental death report.

15-year-old boy dies of electrocution in Chembur

A 15-year-old boy reportedly died due to electrocution while swimming in a well in the Chembur area of Mumbai, the police officials said on Saturday, the ANI reported.

The incident took place in the Mahul village of Chembur.

According to the Mumbai Police, the boy was electrocuted due to an illegally installed motor in the well by a nearby hotel to draw out water. This unlawful setup led to the accident, resulting in the death of the young boy, as per the ANI.

A case of culpable homicide has been registered against the owners of the hotel who were identified as Anant Mahulkar, Dayaram Mahulkar, and Hariram Mahulkar.

According to police sources, all three individuals have been arrested and are currently in police custody until June 18.

Further details on the incident are awaited as the investigation continues, the news agency reported on Saturday.

Thane woman dies of electrocution while fetching water from tank

Meanwhile, in an another incident, last month, a 41-year-old Thane woman had died of electrocution while drawing water from a tank in Maharashtra's Thane district, police said, PTI had earlier reported.

The incident took place at Sabe village in Diva area.

The woman was drawing water from a storage tank of a chawl (row tenements) where she resided and received a severe electric shock and collapsed, an official from Mumbra police station had earlier said, according to the PTI.

Some persons rushed her to a civic hospital in Kalwa where doctors declared her dead, he had said.

The body was sent to a government hospital for postmortem, the police said, adding that a case of accidental death has been registered as of now, the news agency had last month reported.

(with PTI and ANI inputs)

"Exciting news! Mid-day is now on WhatsApp Channels Subscribe today by clicking the link and stay updated with the latest news!" Click here!

Register for FREE
to continue reading !

This is not a paywall.
However, your registration helps us understand your preferences better and enables us to provide insightful and credible journalism for all our readers.

Mid-Day Web Stories

Mid-Day Web Stories

This website uses cookie or similar technologies, to enhance your browsing experience and provide personalised recommendations. By continuing to use our website, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Cookie Policy. OK