Home / Mumbai / Mumbai News / Article /
Maratha quota stir from June 16: Sambhajiraje
Updated On: 07 June, 2021 07:32 AM IST | Mumbai | Agencies
Criticising the Maha Vikas Aghadi (MVA) government and the BJP for indulging in a “political blame game” after the Supreme Court struck down the quota in jobs and admissions to Marathas last month, Sambhajiraje said the community is not bothered about politics.

Agitators shout slogans against the Supreme Court’s order in Goregaon, Mumbai
BJP MP Sambhajiraje Chhatrapati on Sunday said a statewide agitation demanding reservation for the Maratha community will be launched from Kolhapur in Maharashtra on June 16.
Speaking at the Raigad fort after paying homage to Shivaji Maharaj on the anniversary of his coronation as “Chhatrapati” in 1674, Sambhajiraje, a descendant of the Maratha king, said a protest morcha will be taken out from the samadhi of Chhatrapati Shahu Maharaj in Kolhapur. “I will tour the entire state for the quota demand,” he said.
How do you like the new new mid-day.com experience? Share your feedback and help us improve.



