Prime Minister Modi during his visit to Mumbai will inaugurate multiple projects in the city. The traffic police said, the traffic around Colaba, Regal Junction and P D'mello road to CSMT from 2pm to 4pm and traffic from Domestic Airport to Marol via elevated road from 4pm-6pm will be slightly affected/altered
PM Narendra Modi. File Pic
The Mumbai Traffic Police on Thursday issued traffic restrictions and diversions in the city, ahead of Prime Minister Narendra Modi's visit to Mumbai on Friday.
The police issued traffic restrictions in Andheri and south Mumbai. The police have also issued an advisory for the citizens to avoid traffic related issues on February 10.
The traffic police in a statement issued on Twitter said that due to a planned public function on 10.02.23, traffic around Colaba, Regal Junction and P D'mello road to CSMT from 2pm to 4pm and traffic from Domestic Airport to Marol via elevated road from 4pm-6pm will be slightly affected/altered.
In a traffic notification, the police said that a public program is scheduled on February 10 at Aljamea-Tas-Saifiyah in Marol Campus, Andheri (East) in Mumbai and a large number of citizens are expected to attend the said program. In order to streamline traffic and to avoid inconvenience to people in general, traffic on entire Marol Church Road (and side roads of Marol Church road), Airport Road Metro Station junction, Andheri-Ghatkopar/Kurla Road and Elevated Airport Road from Vileparle (East) traffic will be controlled and regulated.
It said that during regulation of traffic on these roads from 16.30 hrs. to 18.30 hrs on 10/02/2023. The following optional routes will be available for the commuters.
- Andheri-Ghatkopar Kurla Road- Vehicles proceeding through Andheri Kurla road from Sakinaka Junction shall go straight via Sakivihar road through Milind Nagar, L&T Gate No. 8 by taking left turn via J.V.L.R to Western Express Highway.
- Traffic from Bohra Colony to Andheri Kurla Road via Marol Church will be diverted to Andheri - Kurla Road via Marol Pipeline from Kadam Wadi
- Traffic from Bohra Colony to Marol Maroshi Road via Marol Church Road will take a left turn at Star Poultry Farm, Marol Church Road and go straight through Marol Gaon Road under Marol Village and take a left turn near Savla General Store towards Marol Maroshi Road.
The police, in another traffic notification said, Central Railway has organised a programme at Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus Platform Number 18 and a large number of people from Mumbai and other parts are expected to attend the programme. Traffic congestion is expected at Eastern Free Way and nearby roads. Thus, it is necessary to issue orders for traffic management in the nearby areas.
It said, In order to streamline traffic and to avoid inconvenience to people in general, traffic on Eastern Free Way, P. D'Mello Road, Shahid Bhagat Singh Road and roads leading to these aforementioned roads shall be regulated and controlled from 14.45 hrs to 16.15 hrs. During regulation of traffic on the above mentioned roads following optional routes shall be available to the commuters.
1) Vehicles from CSMT Junction going towards Chembur through Eastern Free Way shall proceed through D.N. Road towards Sir J.J. Flyover Bridge- Dadar- Maturga- Chemburusing Eastern Express Highway.
2) Vehicles from Churchgate Railway Station going towards Chembur through Eastern Free Way shall proceed through Veer Nariman Road towards CTO junction-Hazari MahalSomani Marg-CSMT Junction Sir J.J. Flyover Bridge- Dadar- Matunga- Chembur using Eastern Express Highway.
3) Vehicles from Cuffe Parade, Navy Nagar may use Nathalal Parekh Marg- Badhwar Park Junction- Bhosale Marg- Mantralaya-Godrej Juction- Dr. Ambedkar Junction - C T O junction-Hazari Mahal Somani Marg-CSMT Junction- Sir JJ. Flyover Bridge- Dadar-Matunga- Chembur using Eastern Express Highway.
4) Vehicles from Vashi going towards CSMT, Colaba, Churchgate through Eastern Free Way may proceed through Mankhurd- Chembur- Chedda Naka- Suman Nagar Junction-Sion-Matunga-Dadar- Byculla (using Eastern Express Highway)- Sir JJ. Flyover Bridge- CSMT Junction- to their destination.