Home / Mumbai / Mumbai News / Article / We are headed in right direction: BKC jumbo centre's dean on night curfew, lockdown 2.0

We are headed in right direction: BKC jumbo centre's dean on night curfew, lockdown 2.0

Mid-day online spoke to the dean of BKC jumbo COVID-19 centre, Dr Rajesh Dere. He said, “In my personal opinion, a lockdown seems to be the right decision as of now.”

  • WhatsAppBookmarkBookmark
Listen to this article :
Dr. Rajesh Dere, dean of BKC jumbo COVID-19 centre | Pic/Ankita Mishra

Dr. Rajesh Dere, dean of BKC jumbo COVID-19 centre | Pic/Ankita Mishra

With a steep rise in fresh COVID-19 cases in Maharashtra, the state government is mulling to implement lockdown 2.0 albeit much different from last year’s, from April 2 or 3 for a limited period.

However, the political class fears that the restrictions, even though not as harsh as the previous lockdown, may end up feeling like a total lockdown. Some leaders from the ruling parties said that it would result in job losses and adversely impact the economy.

Read Next Story
From hospital, Sharad Pawar keeps vigil on national, state politics

Trending Stories

Latest Photoscta-pos

Latest VideosView All

Latest Web StoriesView All

Mid-Day FastView All