Among the divisions, Konkan secured the highest pass percentage at 93.23 per cent followed by Pune
Girls have outperformed boys in the class 12 examination in Maharashtra, results for which were announced on Tuesday. Girls have secured a pass percentage of 90.25 percent against 82.40 percent of boys in the Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC) examination conducted by the Maharashtra State Board for Secondary and Higher Secondary Education (MSBSHSE) in February-March 2019.
The total pass percentage stood at 85.88% this year, announced board chairperson Shakuntala Kale. A total of 1423503 students had registered for the exam of which 1421936 students appeared, and 1221159 of them
Around 68,045 repeater students applied for the exam of which 18,031 students cleared. Girls recorded a robust pass figure of 90.25% leaving the boys far behind with 82.40%. However, there was a dip in the overall pass percentage as compared to last year.
Shakuntala Kale, Chairperson, MSBSHSE said, "As compare to last year this year the results has been drip by 2.50% and has gone down. Around 768 students were held while copying."
The Science stream recorded a pass percentage of 92.60 which has gone down by 3.25 per cent last year. The Arts stream recorded a pass percentage of 76.45, a significant dip from last year's figure of 78.93 while 88.28% of students in the Commerce stream cleared the exams, as compared to last year's pass figure of 89.50% in that stream. In vocational course also the passing percentage has deceased by 2.53%.
Check your results here: HSC Result 2019 Maharashtra Board: MSBSHSE 12th Results declared at mahresult.nic.in
Among the divisions, Konkan secured the highest pass percentage at 93.23 per cent followed by Pune (87.88%), Amaravati (87.55%), Aurangabad (87.29%), Kolhapur (87.12%), Latur (86.08%), Nashik (84.77%), Mumbai (83.85%) and Nagpur 82.51%. While the pass percentage for the science stream stood at 92.60%, the same for arts, commerce and vocational streams was 76.45 %, 88.28 % and 78.93%, respectively.
-with inputs from PTI
Top News Stories Of The Day
- Mumbai doctor's suicide: The last hours that broke Payal's spirit
- Mumbai doctor's suicide: Accused trio made Payal cry all morning on May 22
- Denying role, accused trio blame workload for Mumbai doctor's suicide
- Mumbai doctor's suicide: Dean replaces unit head of gynaecology abruptly
- Murder and suicide after man forgets to delete ex-girlfriend's photos from phone
- Mumbai: Cops ensure runaway teen gets enrolled in acting school in Andheri
- Mumbai Crime: Extortionist who threatened Powai hotelier arrested
- Mumbai: Cotton ball removed from woman's private parts after 25 days
- Mumbai Crime: Casting director arrested for blackmailing 27-year-old model in Oshiwara
- Clearances done! Work on Bandra Reclamation-Worli Sea Link connector to start soon
- Won't move out of Aarey Colony, say tribals
- Mumbai: Dharavi debris removed, parked vehicles cleared by BMC
- Try these summer teas which will keep you hydrated
- Dr. Payal Tadvi's case 'castes' shadow over city campus
- Amid LS festivity, CM begins Assembly prep
- All you need to know about Minimally Invasive Heart Surgery
- Student community demands justice for 'institutional murder' of Mumbai doctor
- Piyush Goyal, Vinod Kumar Yadav rap CR GM for not updating Rail Drishti data
- Uncle and aunt thrash pregnant woman to death over an egg cart
- Afroz Shah, Dia Mirza clean up beach in Mumbai
- Vintage Mumbai: 40 classic photos you may have never seen
- Mayawati, Kajol, Maneka Gandhi: Do you know these celebrities' educational qualifications?
- This yoga couple will give you serious relationship and fitness goals