Home / News / World News / Article /
Major Saudi pipeline attacked by drones
Updated On: 15 May, 2019 09:00 AM IST | | Agencies
Two pumping stations were shut after Yemen's Huthi rebels said they targeted vital installations in Saudi Arabia

File picture of a drone previously used by Huthi rebels, who claimed they have attacked vital Saudi installations on Tuesday. Pic/AFP
Riyadh: OPEC kingpin Saudi Arabia said it had stopped pumping crude oil along a major pipeline on Tuesday following a drone attack, hours after Yemen's Huthi rebels said they had targeted vital Saudi installations.
Energy Minister Khalid al-Falih said two pumping stations on the pipeline from the oil-rich Eastern Province to the Red Sea had been targeted early Tuesday. The vital pipeline has a capacity of at least five million barrels per day.
How do you like the new new mid-day.com experience? Share your feedback and help us improve.



