Home / Sports / Other Sports / Article /
Silverstone to host two races in 2020
Updated On: 16 May, 2020 09:23 AM IST | London | AFP
Silverstone managing director Stuart Pringle told the BBC that an agreement in principle had been reached with Formula One to hold the races at the central England circuit, immediately after the season begins in Austria.

This picture has been used for representation purpose
Britain's Silverstone racetrack will stage two grands prix during the Formula One season, subject to UK government approval, circuit chiefs said on Friday. The coronavirus outbreak has caused huge disruption to the F1 calendar, with 10 races either cancelled or postponed. Silverstone managing director Stuart Pringle told the BBC that an agreement in principle had been reached with Formula One to hold the races at the central England circuit, immediately after the season begins in Austria.
"I am delighted to confirm that Silverstone and Formula One have reached an agreement in principle to host two races behind closed doors this summer," he said.
How do you like the new new mid-day.com experience? Share your feedback and help us improve.



