The Uddhav Thackeray camp will be holding a massive rally at Shivaji Park whereas the Eknath Shinde camp has decided to hold a rally at MMRDA grounds in BKC
Representative image. Pic/Istock
The Mumbai Police has been making security arrangements ahead of the Dussehra rallies of Uddhav Thackeray and Eknath Shinde factions on October 5. Expecting a massive crowd at both the venues, the Mumbai Traffic Police on Monday issued a traffic notification restricting parking at several locations, traffic diversions and road closures surrounding Shivaji Park and Bandra-Kurla complex (BKC).
The Uddhav Thackeray camp will be holding a massive rally at Shivaji Park whereas the Eknath Shinde camp has decided to hold a rally at MMRDA grounds in BKC.
According to the notification, for the Dussehra Melava functions huge numbers of people will be visiting from different parts of Maharashtra and many would be travelling with their vehicles. Traffic congestion is expected at Western Express Highway and Eastern Express Highway.
The notifications issued by Raj Tilak Roushan, Deputy Commissioner of Police (H.Q. & Central), Traffic, Mumbai said, since huge amount of traffic congestion will be at Western Express Highway, Eastern Express Highway and nearby roads leading towards venue, therefore, in order to prevent danger, obstruction and inconvenience to the public, order as following-
1. S.V.S.Road (From Siddhivinayak Mandir Junction up to Yes Bank)
2. Keluskar Road (South) and (North), Dadar.
3. M. B. Raut Marg (From its junction with S.V.S. Road), Dadar.
4. Pandurang Naik Marg (M. B. Raut Road) Dadar.
5. DadasahebRege Marg (From Senapati Bapat Statue up to Gadkari Junction), Dadar.
6. Lt. Dilip Gupte Marg (From Shivaji Park Gate No. 4 up to Shitaladevi temple
7. N.C.Kelkar Marg (From Gadkari Junction up to Hanuman Temple Junction), Dadar.
8. L.J. Road, Rajabade Signal to Gadkari Junction
No entry and optional routes:
1. No Entry: S.V.S.Road from Siddhivinayak Mandir Junction up to Kapad Bazar
Optional route: Siddhivinayak Junction- S.K.Bole Road-Agar Bazar-Portuguese Church and Gokhale Road.
2. No Entry from Raja Badhe chowk junction up to Keluskar Marg (North) junction, Dadar.
Optional route: L.J.Road- Gokhale Road- Steel Man Junction then proceed through Gokhale Road.
3. No Entry: Lt. Dilip Gupte Road from its Junction on Pandurang Naik Marg for
South bound traffic.
Optional route: Shall proceed through Raja bade Junction towards L.J.Road.
4. No Entry from Gadkari chowk junction up to Keluskar road (south), Dadar.
5. No Entry on Dadasaheb Rege Road from Senapati Bapat Statue to Gadkari junction, Dadar.
Optional route: M. B. Raut Marg.
6. No Entry on Bal Govindas Marg from Padmabai Thakkar Marg junction up to L.
J. Marg, Mahim.
The said order would remain in place from October 5, 9 am till the next 24 hours.
Another notification issued by the Mumbai Traffic Police, said that in order to streamline traffic and to avoid inconvenience to people in general following traffic management is made:
Closed for vehicular traffic except vehicles carrying people for the Dussehra Melava.
1. There would be No Entry to vehicles coming from Western express highway, Dharavi and Worli Sea Link through BKC Family Court towards Kurla Road.
2. There would be No Entry to vehicles coming from Saint Dnyaneshwar road through BKC Income tax junction towards Kurla.
3. There would be No Entry to vehicles coming from Government Colony, Kanakiya Palace and Valmiki Nagar through BKC premises towards Chunabhatti and Kurla.
4. There would be No Entry to the vehicles coming through Surve Junction and Razzak
Junction through BKC premises towards Western express highway, Dharavi and Worli Sea Link.
5. There would be No Entry to the vehicles coming through Eastern express highway via
Chunabhatti in BKC premises by using BKC connector south bound.
1. Vehicles from Western express highway, Worli Sea link through BKC premises towards
Kurla shall take U turn from Family Court junction- Left turn from MMRDA Junction
and shall proceed through T Junction towards Kurla.
2. Vehicles proceeding from Saint Dnyaneshwar Nagar through BKC premises Income tax junction shall proceed along Guru Nanak Hospital-Jagat Vidya Mandir Junction- through Kalanagar Junction and through Dharavi T junction towards Kurla.
3. Vehicles proceeding towards Kurla through BKC premises shall take U turn from
ValimikI nagar and shall proceed through Government colony- Kalanagar Junction-
Dharavi T Junction towards Kurla.
4- Vehicles from Razzak and Surve Junction through BKC premises towards western express highway, Dharavi and Worli Sea Link shall proceed through CST Road, University main gate, Ambedkar Junction- right turn Hansbhugra Junction and shall proceed towards their destination.
5- Vehicles proceeding through Eastern express highway from Chunabhatti towards BKC shall take a right turn at Sion circle and through T junction- Kalanagar junction proceed to their destination.