According to the officials, the fire was extinguished using two small hose lines at 3.59 am on Tuesday morning
Representative image. Pic/Istock
A fire broke out on the seventh-level podium area of an under-construction high-rise in Prabhadevi on Monday night, an official said. According to the officials, the fire was extinguished using two small hose lines at 3.59 am on Tuesday morning.
A 40-year-old fire officer was injured and was shifted to KEM hospital, a Fire Brigade official said. "While he was in stable condition, he took discharge against medical advice," the official added.
Also Read: Mumbai: 'Planning to shift dilapidated KEM wards to nearby hospital'
According to BMC data, the fire was confined to building construction materials, plywood, bamboo, packaging material, sanitary material, G.I. sheets, office furniture, office files & records, electric wiring & electric installations, etc. in the godown at 7th level podium in an area about 4000 to 5000 sq.ft.
"One compressed oxygen gas cylinder exploded in one of the said godowns, thereby causing more spread of fire," the official said.
Seven fire engines were rushed to the spot.