Over 160 students of a Maharashtra government-aided residential school/ashram school were admitted to a hospital for suspected food poisoning in Sangli
According to the authorities, the condition of all the affected students is stable and they are out of danger.
The students are in the age group of five to 15 years. The incident occurred at residential school for tribal students at Umdi in Jath tehsil, Sangli on Sunday evening.
"After dinner, 169 students complained of vomiting and loose motions. They were immediately rushed to government hospitals in the tehsil. Their condition is stable and they are out of danger," said district collector Raja Dayanidhi. The collector has ordered an inquiry by the social welfare department.
(with inputs from PTI)