If you have been fasting today, then there are a lot of easy recipes for you to make this evening including dishes such as seviyan, almond rose rabdi, vermecili kheer and gulab lassi
Image for representational purpose only. Photo Courtesy: istock
A lot of people are celebrating Karwa Chauth today and it is definitely going to be special after two years of the Covid-19 pandemic. Now, after a whole day of fasting, the fast should be completed with some tasty and yummy delicacies that are easy to be prepared.
Full Cream Milk
Green cardamom powder
1. Heat the ghee in a deep bottomed pan. Add the seviyan and roast till golden brown. Once done, remove from heat and keep aside
2. Boil milk in a pan. Add the chopped nuts and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add sugar until mix well with the milk.
3. Grate the khoya and add it to the milk. Cook till the mixture thickens. Add the seviyan and cook for 5 minutes or till no liquid remains. Add the powdered
cardamom and mix well. Garnish with chopped nuts and enjoy cold or hot.
Almond Rose Rabdi
Almonds (without skin)
Saffron, few strands
1. Heat a pan, cook milk till reduced to half. Reduce the heat.
2. Crush and add saffron strands to milk, and let it cook for 5 minutes over low heat.
3. Now add almonds, khoya and sugar free to it. Mix well & cook for 3 minutes.
4. Add pistachio, cardamom powder, and mix well. Cook for 2 minutes.
5. Remove from heat, and add rose water to it. Mix well and let it cool slightly.
6. Garnish with chopped pistachio, nuts, berries or dried rose petals. Enjoy.
Milk full cream
1. Wash vermecili and put it in a sauce pan along with ghee and stir for 2 minutes.
2. Add milk and sugar and stir well.
3. Simmer for about 1 hour or till milk reduces to half and of creamy consistency. During this period stir from time to time.
4. Add almonds and cashewnuts. Sprinkle crushed cardamom. And, enjoy hot or cold.
Plain Yogurt (Curd)
1. To a large bowl add plain yogurt. Then mix it well using a whisk or hand blender until smooth
2. Add sugar mix it well until the sugar is mixed well with the yogurt. Now add water to thin out the lassi a bit. Add rose water and few rose petal leaf. Keep in fridge for chilling, garnish with rose petal or as per your choice and serve cold
(Recipes curated by Swapnadeep Mukherjee, Executive Chef, The Metropolitan Hotel & Spa)
Also Read: Mumbai chefs share innovative, traditional recipes to make ridge gourd into tasty treats
This story has been sourced from a third party syndicated feed, agencies. Mid-day accepts no responsibility or liability for its dependability, trustworthiness, reliability and data of the text. Mid-day management/mid-day.com reserves the sole right to alter, delete or remove (without notice) the content in its absolute discretion for any reason whatsoever