It said, in order to manage traffic, vehicular traffic on the said roads needs to be diverted temporarily by issuing an order.
The Mumbai Traffic Police on Tuesday said that all roads around Shivaji Park in Dadar area will be closed for traffic on January 26 for the Republic Day parade.
The traffic police in a detailed notification said, On 26 January due to the Republic Day parade at Shivaji Park ground, all the adjoining roads shall be closed for vehicular traffic from 06.00 hrs. to 12.00hrs. It said, in order to manage traffic, vehicular traffic on the said roads needs to be diverted temporarily by issuing an order.
The traffic notification issued by DCP, Traffic, Raju Bhujbal said, in order to prevent danger, obstructions and inconveniences to the public, the following traffic management is made on January 26, 2023 from 06.00 hrs to 12.00 hrs.
Roads closed and one way for vehicles:
1) N.C. Kelkar Road and Keluskar Road from L.J. Road Junction (Gadkari Junction) up to South and North junction shall be closed for vehicular traffic.
2) Keluskar Road South shall be a one-way for east side vehicular traffic that means, the traffic from Swatantraveer Savarkar road shall be allowed to come through this route.
3) Right turn from Meenatai Thackeray statue on Keluskar Road North shall be one way for vehicular traffic proceeding towards west.
4) S.K.Bole Road shall be one way from Siddhivinayak Junction to Hanuman Temple.
5) Swatantraveer Savarkar Road shall be one way from Siddhivinayak junction to Yes Bank.
6) Vehicular traffic proceeding from Siddhivinayak junction through Swatantraveer Savarkar road shall take a left turn at Portuguese Church-Proceed through Gokhale Road- Gadkari Junction- LJ Road- Raja Bade Chowk towards west suburb.
7) Entry for vehicular traffic is restricted from Yes Bank junction to Siddhivinayak Junction, thus, general public vehicles shall proceed by taking left turn at Yes Bank Junction-Shivaji Park Road No. 5- Pandurang Naik road- right turn at Raja Bade Chowk- LJ. Road- Gadkari Junction- then proceed through Gokhale road towards South Mumbai.
1) Keluskar Road (Main, South and North bound)
2) LI. Dilip Gupte Road from Keluskar Road (North) to Pandurang Naik Road.
3) Pandurang Naik Road, (Road no. 5).
4) N. C. Kelkar Road from Gadkari Chowk to Kotwal Garden.
5) Saint Dnyaneshwar Road
Parking for police, BMC and PWD vehicles
1. Swatantrya Veer Savarkar Smarak hall.
2. Vanita Samaj hall.
3. Mahatma Gandhi Swimming Pool.
4. Kohinoor PPL, N.C. Kelkar Road in Dadar (west).
Instructions for invitees
1- Route for invitees coming from South and Central Mumbai through Tilak flyover bridge to Shivaji Park-Tilak Flyover bridge- Kotwal Garden circle- right turn- N.C. Kelkar road- Gadkari Junction- right turn from Meenatai Thackeray Statue- Keluskar north road-left turn Shivaji Park gate no.5-left turn at C Ramchandra Chowk- through Swantantraveer Savarkarroad southbound- left turn at Vasant Desai chowk (Keluskar South junction)- through Shivaji Park gate No.1- Parade ground.
2. Route for invitees coming from South Mumbai through Dr. Annie Besant road to Shivaji Park-from South Mumbai- Dr. Annie Besant Road- proceed through Century Junction-Swantantraveer Savarkar Road-Siddhivinayak Junction-right turn at Vasant Desai Chowk (Keluskar South Junction) then through Shivaji park gate no.5 in Parade Ground.
3. Route for invitees coming from Western Suburbs through Mahim old Cadel Road to Shivaji Park-Invitees from western suburbs shall proceed through Mahim junction- Old Cadel road-Hinduja Hospital- Swantantraveer Savarkar Road south bound - left turn at Vasant Desai Chowk (Keluskar South junction) through Shivaji Park gate No.1 in parade ground.
4. Route for Invitees coming from Western Suburbs througlh Mahim LJ. Road to Shivaji Park-Invitees from western suburbs shall proceed through Mahim Church- Lady Jamshediit Road- Raja Bade Chowk-Gadkari Chowk-Right turn- N.C. Kelkar Road- left turn at Maa Saheb Meenatai Thackarey Statue- Keluskar Road North- left turn at Shivaji
Park gate No. 5-C.Ramchandra Chowk (Keluskar Road North Junction) left turn to Swantantra Veer Savarkar Road South bound- left turn at Vasant Desai Chowk- (Keluskar Road South) through Shivaji Park gate no. 05 in Parade ground.
The Parade Route march commencing from Shivaji Park ground through Gate No. 5 would proceed along left turn- Keluskar road (North)- C. Ramchandra Chowk- left turn - S.Sawarkar road- South bound- Sangeetkar Vasant Desai Chowk (Keluskar road South junction)- Right turn-will terminate/end at Naarli Baug/Chaityabhumi, Dadar.
The motorists are advised to avoid above said roads between 06.00hrs. to 12.00hrs. Signage Boards as well as police personnel shall also be placed at various places to direct motorist/pedestrians to ensure that least inconvenience is caused to them.
Parking instructions for without car pass local and other citizens local and other citizens without a car pass shall park their vehicles at Kohinoor Parking Lots of BMC situated at J.K. Sawant road near Plaza Cinema, Dadar (west).