Insiders say the showman's inability to put his next venture in place has cost the show
It comes as a shock to learn that Subhash Ghai won't be hosting his annual 'announcement' party on October 24 this year.
In the 29 years of Ghai's production house Mukta Arts Pvt Ltd, Ghai has never missed the annual jamboree on the day that is also his wife Rehana's birthday.
On October 24 every year, Ghai's directorial venture and two or three films under his banner are announced.
The filmmaker has indicated that his health is to be blamed. However, insiders claim that the showman has been unable to put his next directorial venture in place.
Apparently, Salman Khan who had been roped in as the lead in the film has been unable to either confirm his presence in the project or be present as the star-guest for Ghai's bash.
Says a source, "The original plan was for Salman to star in Ghai's next. Salman had given his nod. Then he underwent neuro-surgery and his schedule for next year fell apart.
Nonetheless, he was committed to doing Ghai's film. Salman was going to be presented as the lead at the bash."
However, Salman who was back in town this weekend was unable to extend his stay till Monday, when Ghai's bash was to take place.
"He had to rush back to Istanbul for shooting. Ghai had no choice but to put off the bash," says the source.
Whether Salman would be able to do Subhash Ghai's film remains a debate.
When contacted, Ghai conceded that his annual event was not taking place. "I am still in bed rest (he recently underwent a surgery). We have postponed our announcement."
Spotted: Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma and other celebs at Mumbai airport
Photos: Salman Khan's 'special friend' Iulia Vantur at a song launch
Photos: Hrithik Roshan, Anushka Sharma, other celebs dazzle at event
In Pictures: Sex scandals involving Indian politicians
Photos: Abhishek Bachchan and Farah Khan at Boman Irani's birthday bash