Shah Rukh jokes: 'What will MCA do if I enter Wankhede? Shoot me?'
Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan now regrets getting into a scuffle with a security guard at the Wankhede Stadium last year. The fight saw Mumbai Cricket Association (MCA) impose a five-year ban on him.
“In retrospect, I should not have behaved like that. On the other hand, it’s not something that I really think about. It’s quite cool,” Shah Rukh was quoted as saying by PTI.
Asked about his plans for May 7 when his side Kolkata Knight Riders will clash with Mumbai Indians at the Wankhede Stadium, the actor jokingly said: “I don’t want to sound politically incorrect but what will they do if I enter? Shoot me? Otherwise it has to be the masks, I’ll have to wear them with a false moustache and stuff like that.
But I am not going to take any chances. I will wait outside the Wankhede and cheer for my boys. As long as my team is allowed inside, it’s fine. We will win the match. I don’t need to be there to win the match.”
Shah Rukh, however, apologised for violating protocol and entering the KKR dressing room during the break on Friday. “I just wanted to tell Gambhir well done at halftime,” he said.