Antigua: Left-hander Darren Bravo has become the third West Indies cricketer to pull out of the troubled Twenty20 World Cup squad.
Following the high-profile withdrawals of Kieron Pollard and Sunil Narine last week, the West Indies Cricket Board (WICB) announced that Bravo also has opted out of the squad in order to be available for Trinidad and Tobago Red Force in the regional four-day championship, reports CMC.
In a letter sent to the WICB, Bravo said while he was "very grateful and humbled" to be selected, he preferred to focus on developing his game in the longest format.
Darren Bravo. Pic/ AFP
Selectors will now mull over yet another replacement after having to find alternatives for Pollard and Narine.
All-rounder Carlos Brathwaite was named to replace Pollard and the board said that Barbados off-spinner Ashley Nurse has been chosen in Narine’s absence.
Nurse has played four Twenty20s for the West Indies and 60 overall.
The T20 World Cup begins on March 8 in India.